Sunday, March 26, 2006

While the Commonwealth Games were closing


Hi Taves (and anyone else interested),
I thought I better make a start, since I had promised you I would in a snail mail letter you should get tomorrow. :-) What has been happening this week...well it has been a wonderful week weather wise, it could not have been any better for all the sports and should have given all the Games viewers a lovely view of Melbourne's much maligned weather.

I had two very nice runs around the tan/botanical gardens. Swanston Street was very busy both days but once I reached the boat sheds all was fine and very enjoyable. I am feeling the fittest and most healthy I have been for many years. I feel that I have recovered completely from the bike accident. I think a lot of this good health has been due to Trudi's continued improvement in health and being close to me again.

Trudi is continuing her health improvement and has started thanking me for helping her now and thinks I am actually on her side and not against. Trudi and I both worked hard yesterday getting ready for the Flanagan’s to visit for Dinner. Then we went out to see Kate Ceberano at Ruby's in Belgrave as you know. It was very good show and we both enjoyed ourselves very much. Some of the Flanagan’s friends were there also and it added to the enjoyment of the night. I think Trudi and I both did well in being outgoing for a while. We have been invited to dinner at an Indian Restaurant next Tuesday night; hopefully we can continue our good run.

During my lunchtime run last week I noticed a huge colourful dog, (or the big dingo as I found out) as tall as our house. It is a giant piñata; there is a tower next to it with a big rope swing. The idea is that you jump off the tower while holding the rope and try to smash into the dingo. I heard the lollies inside are as big as bowling balls......Well maybe there is not a tower, rope or lollies, but there is a huge dingo and it sure looks like a piñata.

While Trudi recovered from her big efforts on Saturday, I did some gardening. I was hand sawing up trees near the compost bins and the neighbour asked if I wanted to do it faster (he has a chain saw). I said sure, so tonight the area is completed clear and raked. Trudi is most impressed. Erik was not because it woke him up. I think I will wait a few weeks before trimming trees and filling it up again :-).

I also pulled out the tomatoes and saved the green ones. Trudi picked 3 beetroots, they look very nice. I also pulled out the gourds and saved the four ripe ones left. I then planted wormwood to finally complete the line to the gate. It should look great soon, hopefully when you fly down in May! Will you have time to help out in the garden and do you think Ryan will monopolise you? :-)

Erik has made a huge effort these holidays and has completed nearly all of the 8 different homework projects he had two weeks ago. He is drawing pictures of my work boots, they look great, I will try to post a picture of one of his drawings.

I washed Zuko this weekend and he is feeling very soft and clean. His mouth is getting better and he is behaving him self at night. I showed Linda and Mike your balcony and Zuko came too; he sat under your plant tables looking out at the park. Linda thought he was pining for you. He might have been but don't worry he is going well and seems very happy.

I proudly showed your photos to people at work and it was going very well until I mentioned that you swim in the dam, I don't think they are country people:-)

Barb and Jim walked by and asked how you were.

We all love you very much and are so happy you are having a good trip and meeting lots of nice people. I hope your Sydney weekend went well and we all look forward to your next letter or phone call.

Love Gavin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home